Identify the impact of database object changes on other objects in databases and file systems across the enterprise.
ActiveImpact allows you to study the impact that a change in a database object will produce on other objects. By providing a list of all the objects that will be affected by the change, users are given a clear view on the impact of the changes prior to the change being affected. Based on the impact information, users can make a better decision on whether or not to proceed with the database changes.
Screen Shot of ActiveImpact
- Provides vision on what the effect of a change would mean to the current application as well as other applications across the enterprise.
- Allows the user to analyze the results of changes prior to implementing the changes.
- Enhances developer design and maintenance facets by providing a vision on the effects of object changes while actively designing new applications in a networked enterprise with existing custom as well as industry standard applications.
- Reduces redundancies in design by identifying similar dependent functionality across the application.
- Speed up change and maintenance activity by providing a mechanism of clearly providing the impact analysis safety check and thus a quick turn around go-ahead on the database changes.
- Reduce application downtime by eliminating arbitrary and unanalyzed changes across applications. This results in productivity gains for all front-end developers who can now program without having to deal with sudden program breakdowns due to inadvertent database changes.
- Upon analysis of the impact data, multiple database changes can be made across the applications in batches.
- During development when changes are constantly required by developers. ActiveImpact will speed up the entire development activity by pushing through the changes quickly after rapid analysis.
Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
Operating System Compatibility:
Windows95/98/ME, WindowsNT/2000 client connecting to ANY Database on the corporate network.
Pentium 100 MHz or higher, 10MB hard disk space, 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended).
Download Screen Cam