Create, Manage, Maintain and Modify Database Schemas, interactively, intuitively, and real-time.
ActiveDesigner is an extremely simple and amazingly powerful database design tool, direct and interactive. How is it different from half a dozen design tools out there? ActiveDesigner executes SQL commands interactively and instantaneously into the database. This allows the user to build the database incrementally and intuitively with every mouse click. This is a paradigm shift because design errors are echoed back to the user instantaneously. All database information is presented in the form of a data model. Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Views, etc, can also be viewed and manipulated real-time.
Screen Shot of ActiveDesigner
- ActiveDesigner shows the user the exact SQL syntax with each command, and then executes this SQL directly against the database, thus presenting the user with a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) interface to any Database on the corporate network.
- The database design is thus validated with every step allowing only valid database constructs to be modeled into the diagram.
- Extremely simple to use and work with, probably simpler than any word processing tool.
- A change Audit module allows all the changes to be logged in an audit trail, thus providing a DBA a complete list of all changes that have occurred to the schema.
- The audit log has options to move all or selected changes from one schema to another schema.
- The change control module allows the changes to work its way around a change management and approval process, thus providing a controlled environment for database design changes. This is an option, which can be turned ON when the system enters implementation/production stage.
- An exception report provides a list of all differences between any two schemas.
- For users needing to design and modify the database schema, ActiveDesigner provides a very simple intuitive alternative.
- Real-time validation of the database design at every step.
- When writing reports, screens, or programs, database designers, programmers and DBA's require a view of the database schema. ActiveDesigner can provide a real-time picture view with a single click.
- New Oracle users who require an easy and intuitive way to work with the Oracle database.
- A situation where it is required to keep track (audit) of all database schema changes.
Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
Operating System Compatibility:
Windows95/98/ME, WindowsNT/2000 client connecting to ANY Database on the corporate network.
Pentium 100 MHz or higher, 10MB hard disk space, 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended).
Download Screen Cam