Comprehensive DBA operations including monitoring hundreds of databases across the enterprise, configuring and sending alerts via email/SMS and alert escalation.
ActiveDBA consolidates databases across the enterprise into an easy to manage enterprise console, identifying problems and bottlenecks for all databases across the corporation in a single view. While allowing all the standard DBA operations via a drill down interface, ActiveDBA simplifies setting up multiple alerts, scheduled monitoring, email alerting, SMS and escalation.
Screen Shot of ActiveDBA
- Allows the DBA to monitor hundreds of databases across the corporation via an enterprise console.
- Allows the DBA to setup database alerts in a single spreadsheet style window.
- Provides the DBA a mechanism to setup alert notification with alert count setting, which triggers alert escalation if an alert is not addressed in time.
- Logs the results of each monitoring session into the database, thus enabling the DBA to perform statistical analysis on the historical data.
- ActiveDBA used in conjunction with ActiveChangeManager allows access via hidden DBA passwords.
- Secure DBA operations can be performed via the Change Management module as it logs all tasks performed by the DBA via encryped passwords.
- Junior DBAs require access to a production database to perform limited specific DBA activities.
- Organization deals with sensitive information that ideally should not be shared with junior DBAs or contractors.
- DBAs need to be more efficient
- Where the number of databases are large and must be monitored and managed from a central point.
- Email and/or SMS notification is required immediately when database alerts are identified.
- Allow developers to perform specific non-dba tasks such as import/export, while keeping the database password secret.
Operating System Compatibility:
Windows95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP client connecting to ANY Database on the corporate network.
Pentium 100 MHz or higher, 10MB hard disk space, 32 MB RAM (64 MB recommended).
Download Screen Cam